Thursday, February 5, 2009

How to spark up a conversation about the Gospel

For most people, the most difficult part of witnessing (especially to strangers), is how to spark a conversation about the gospel. But there are some tools and techniques that can make it easy.

What has worked for me is (1) stand in a high traffic area and (2) pass out gospel tracts. The easiest is the million dollar bill tract because they really catch peoples attention and they like to receive them. As I reach out to hand it to them, I say "Hey, did you get one of these yet!" versus "do you want one?" because people always want what they think they should already have.

As they take the tract, I always say, "it's a gospel tract, with the million dollar question written on the back". Many people will stop to read the back and may ask, what the million dollar question is.

Then I ask them if they know they will go to heaven one day or not. Next I speak directly to their conscience with the 10 commandments in order that they can see the reason and desperate need for a savior. Then I share the good news of the gospel with them.

So the key transition point, is the moment that you hand the tract to a person, tell them what it is. If they stop or hesitate at all - take the opportunity to share the gospel. You soon realize how open people will be to discuss with you.

Ken

No comments: